As electric vehicle technology has continued to grow, progress, and advance to allow better range, more power, and better performance, more and more people are choosing to ditch the gas pump and switch to an all-electric vehicle or plug-in hybrid. Electric vehicle technology is fantastic because most vehicles can be easily charged from any outlet, however this type of charging takes a tremendously long time. In fact, from fully-drained, an electric vehicle battery can take up to 12 to 18 hours to fully charge, and that’s not a time period the average person has time for. The solution: a high-voltage, specialized charging station that shrinks the charge time down from more than half a day to as little as a couple of hours or so.
At Aces Electric, we can outfit your home with an EV charging station so you can get the most out of your new electric vehicle. Installing these systems is often complex and requires extensive testing and preparation in order to make sure charging is safe and stable. Our team has years of experience and training in working with EV charging and other high-voltage features, and we know how to properly set these devices up so they provide you with the power you need. We even offer outstanding customer service and friendly financing so you can make this investment without breaking the bank. We stand by the work we do, and we’ll do whatever it takes to make things right if you aren’t satisfied with how your new EV charging station is operating.
Are you interested in learning more about installing an EV charging station in your home? Call Aces Electric at (540) 773-2228 today to request your new install consultation.
Call Aces Electric today if you are in need of a Stafford electrical repair, installation, or replacement service!
EV charging stations perform two vital functions that are pivotal to faster charging times. First, they are inverters, which means they convert the power from alternating current (the type of power that comes from the sockets in your walls) to direct current (the type of power found in your car’s batteries). Because EV charging stations do not have the size and weight limitations that an onboard inverter would, home EV charging stations can have much larger inverters, meaning they can handle more power at once. That decreases charging times.
EV charging stations also have an all-important charging circuit: a specialized electrical device that synchronizes the voltage between the battery and the charger itself in order to slowly and safely increase it. When a battery and its power source have different voltages, the battery may overcharge, and that could be extremely dangerous. In this way, EV charging stations make charging safer for your home. They also make it faster, as many EV charging stations run off of 220 volts rather than 110, meaning they can supply more power than your average outlet without the risk of losing power in the form of heat due to the added current.
These are just a few of the reasons people invest in EV charging stations for their home:
- Improved battery life: The battery is by far the most expensive component in an electric car, often making up over half of its overall price. EV charging stations help batteries last longer and get more cycles with smoother and safer charging.
- Better control: EV charging stations are often loaded with outstanding features, including Wi-Fi connectivity that can tell you how much energy your charger is using, your battery’s status, and plenty more!
- Reduced energy bills: EV charging stations are generally more efficient than regular wall charging, and that means they can bring down the overall cost of charging in addition to making it faster.
- Peace of mind: If you have ever jumped in the car only to realize that you desperately need fuel, you know how annoying it is to have to stop. With an EV charging station, you can be confident that your car will be charged up and ready to go when you need it!
- No more depending on public chargers: For those without an EV charging station, public chargers might be the most reliable way of quick charging. However, they are not convenient, and their cost can add up. Say goodbye to this worry by charging at home!
“Thank you for the comfort of knowing that we are safe and warm!”- Mike F.
EV chargers can be installed in both indoor and outdoor applications, depending on where you park your car on a regular basis. Weatherproof models exist that are safe for use during inclement weather, meaning EV charging is more convenient than ever. However, you will want to make sure you have the right cord length for your needs, and the right EV charging outlet. Our crew will work with you to make sure your EV charger is set up to meet your needs, whatever they may be.
Learn more about bringing the power of an EV charging station home!